On Monday, January 27th, UF HealthStreet is hosting an Our Community, Our Health (OCOH) National Town Hall focusing on Cancer Survivorship.
RSVP to attend in person or online.
Time: Local reception begins at 5:30 p.m. EDT, town hall 6-7 p.m. EDT
Location: HealthStreet, 2401 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608
The discussion will include up-to-date information on living with, through, and beyond cancer from the panel, which includes:
- Ting-Yuan (David) Cheng, PhD (Moderator), Assistant Professor, Cancer Epidemiologist, UF Department of Epidemiology
- Debra Lyon, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, FNAP, FAAN, Executive Associate Dean, Kirbo Endowed Chair, Symptom Management, UF College of Nursing
- Ashley Ghiaseddin, M.D., Neuro-oncologist, Glioblastoma Research, UF Department of Neurosurgery
- Barb Thomas, Breast Cancer Survivor, Survivors for Research Founder, Cancer Research Advocate
Some topic points will include:
• How cancer research drives community-based interventions
• The connection between cancer and symptom management
• The impacts that health disparities have on treatment and intervention
• Exploring how the narrative and efforts of cancer survivors further cancer research