Congress of Neurological Surgeons Award to:
Maryam Rahman, MD
Award Amount: Up to $15,000
Purpose: For residents, fellows or fully trained neurosurgeons interested in clinical, translational or basic science with a focus on tumor research.
Eligibility: The fellowship is open to all neurosurgical residents, fellows and fully trained neurosurgeons at any stage of their career. The fellow will spend 12 months in formal training under the direction of a specific sponsor on a defined clinical research project as relevant to tumor research. A specific clinical research proposal is required.
Eligible Expenses: The amount of support will depend on the location and duration of the fellowship. Budget support of up to $15,000 is available. Detailed budget justification and an account of expenses incurred following completion of the fellowship are required. Residents will not be paid extra salary support that is already covered by the clinical residency program. In addition to the budgeted expenses, the CNS will extend complimentary CNS Annual Meeting registration.
- Complete the application requirements listed below:
Complete the online CNS Fellowship Application form.
- Include a detailed description of the grant project.
- Include applicant’s curriculum vitae.
- Include personal statement detailing the reasons for pursuing the fellowship and plans thereafter.
- Include detailed budget plan for the proposed fellowship expenses and salary justification costs.
- Attach a letter of support written by the proposed sponsor and a biographical sketch of the sponsor.
- If the applicant is a resident, attach a letter from the program director supporting the application. In addition, residents must print a copy of the confirmation page in Section One of the application and obtain the signature of their program director to be mailed or faxed to the CNS.
- Attach two letters of support from neurosurgeons or other professional medical references familiar with the applicant and his/her goals and commitment.
- Attach any reprints of previous publications by the applicant that are pertinent to the application.
- Attach a headshot photograph.
- Apply for Membership to the CNS.
2012-2013 Fellowship Application Deadline: November 30, 2011 at 11:00 PM CST.
Congress of Neurological Surgeons Steven N. Kalkanis, MD Chairman, CNS Fellowships Committee 10 North Martingale Road, Suite 190 Schaumburg, IL 60173